Looking for something to top off your homemade burger with? Give this Bacon & onion jam a try!
What you’ll need:
– 1lb bacon
– 2 Onions (medium) sliced thinly
– 4 Garlic cloves (minced)
– 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
– 1/4 maple syrup
– 3tbsp coconut sugar (packed)
– 1/2 tsp thyme – Pepper to taste
How To Make It:
1. Cut the bacon into pieces 1/2″ – 1/4″ thick and cook them in a pan over medium heat. Cook long enough so that it’s only slightly cooked. Remove from the pan, and remove most of the bacon fat as well. Leave only a little in there for the next step.
2. Saute the onions in the same pan as the bacon until translucent. Then add in the garlic and let cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add all remaining ingredients plus 1 cup of water. Mix everything together then put your pan on low and let simmer for 2 to 3 hours, or until it becomes a jam.